Thursday, October 6, 2011

Good Smelling Feet

Feels like we're just waiting, waiting 
While our hearts are just breaking, breaking
Feels like we've been fighting against the tide

I wanna see the earth start shaking
I wanna see a generation
Finally waking up inside
Switchfoot, “Where I belong”

I was raised on a diet of AC/DC (v1.0), Blackfoot, The Smiths, and Gene Loves Jezebel.  I still have an affinity for this style of music (Can I make an argument that I was born this way?). Such was life on the Dark Side.  When the Spirit of God began to change my heart in the mid-80s, my affinity for certain music also began to change.  I can recall distinctly the time when in my small apartment directly adjacent to the campus of UNC in Chapel Hill, I began to become aware of the lyrics that were streaming through my head and off my tongue.  I found myself karoaking one of The Smiths' songs: I was singing about getting into some guys underwear!  At that point my collection of music found a new home in the trash can.  Needless to say, my alternatives at the time were very limited.  What was I to listen to, The Florida Boys?  Thank God for coming to the rescue.  This generation has a plethora of Christian musicians offering a variety of musical fuel for the iPods of a righteous generation, everything from what some would term “worship” to what I would call righteous war chants; in short, music that honors the Lord of music.  Switchfoot's latest release Vice Verses falls in that camp.  I would highly recommend it for the whole family.

Product Details

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a cool album!